Tuesday, June 5, 2007

life in the last month

MJ said I needed to blog more because it had been a long time since I last posted a blog, so here it is. I've had a lot going on recently. Let's see... since my last post (May 4th I believe) we had mother day. That was harder than I thought. I don't guess I really prepared for it, but I was bummed most of the day. We did the family thing on Saturday and all was great. Wesley and I just hung out at home and I was super ill. I didn't really think about it and made the comment to Wesley that I didn't know why I was so ill and he pointed out that it was probably cause it was mother's day. It made sense. I teared up several times through the day for no apparent reason, but such is life. I'm sure there will be several more days to come that sneak up on me.

To happier life events. I finished school. I know have my Master's in Social work. I am patiently awaiting the diploma to arrive in the mail. I'm sure I'll take a picture of it and post it on myspace when it arrives. I did not participate in the graduation cermony, but did borrow a cap and gown from a classmate for a photo op. Those pictures are on my myspace as well. Feel free to check them out and leave some comments.

Lauren, my sister, graduated high school. It kinda makes me feel old. I remember dressing her for school cause she didn't want to get out of the bed. She was quit the picky dresser for a 3rd grader! My Brother and his girlfriend, Gina, came up from Tampa for graduation. They brought lots of yummy food with them that Gina's parents prepared. Wesley, Lauren and I then back to Tampa with them for a long weekend. We got there safely despite Tropical Storm Barry. Luckily for us it was just a lot of rain with a little wind, nothing too major. We left Alabama Friday around lunch with plans to meet up with Gina's parents and our Aunt Debbie at the Cheesecake Factory for what I hear is some awesome food. When we arrived at the Cheescake Factory we were told there was an 1.5 hour wait. After wating for about 45 minutes we decide to go to another nearby restaurant. We walk across the mall to Sam Seltzers. Gina's mom called prior to our walking over and told there was no wait. Well we get there and the one table that could accomadate our party was taken. There was a couple that had paid but wasn't leaving. We needed there table to add to ours to have enough room to seat everyone. We finally got seated and had a great meal that Aunt Debbie and Uncle John picked up the tab for. Thanks to them for that wonderful suprise. We had great plans of going out, but due to TS Barry, we decided to stay in. Our Saturday didn't start as early as we had planned, but it was vacation. We hit Downtown Disney and some outlets. Mainly did shoppin on Saturday. Sunday we got up a little earlier, and made it to Universal about 1030. We shut the park down Sunday night. We then headed to the House of Blues for some food and drinks. Being the smart girl that she is, Gina did not go with us and rested up for the next day. Brother and Wesley on the other had got wasted. 5 Jager bombs and several other random drinks tend to do that. Wesley was up most of the night not feel his best. Brother sucked ass most of the day Monday due to still being drunk when he got up. He was a joy to hang out with. We had fun anyway. Monday we went to Islands of Adventure. It was way cooler than Universal Studios. We rode lots of water rides and was soaked several times. Gina made a new friend on the Pop-eye ride. He hit on her and told her all about the ride. We were drenched on this ride. I had to wring out my socks. It sucked being this wet. Luckily this was one of our last stops. Wesley and Gina hit The Hulk and then we headed to Margaritaville for some dry clothes and food. After getting dry and full bellies, we headed back to good ole Alabama. We got to Moms about 11 to drop Lauren off then made it home about midnight.

It was great fun, we are planning to go back in October for Halloween Horror. Anyone interested in going let us know, we are looking into getting villas at the place we stayed. The more that go the cheaper the rooms. The one we stayed at can sleep 12 people.

2 comments:

Cathy De Los Santos said...

from what you told us, the pix and ur blog sounds like you really had a great time i'm so jealous i hope to go fl this winter for christmas and new years .. we'll see what happens lol

Michelle said...

When I said you need to blog more often I didn't mean every single day. I've been trying to do it and its so hard. More power to you!

I bet Mother's day was hard for you. Those tears weren't coming from nowhere. It's to be expected.

It sounds like you and your family had a wonderful time in Florida. I wish I could go, but there are so many other things I've got to do first. Like the crop retreat!