Wednesday, June 20, 2007

not much to say

But I thought I'd write anyway. I've come to the decision that I hate folding laundry. I have no problem keeping it washed but the folding is something I'll put off everytime. Now that I said that I've thought of something else to bitch about...stupid ass people. There are varing degrees of stupid people and they all get on my last nerves. Right now particularly I'm talking about people who are lucky enough to have kids and don't appreciate them. Why have children if all you are going to do is push them off on other people and bitch when you have them alone? I just don't understand these people. They also come in varing forms. You have those that take care of their kids when others are around, to keep up a facade of being a good parent. Then there are those that don't give a shit-these are the kind I generally worked with at DHR. At the moment these aren't the ones I'm bitchin about. Some of you know who I am talking about, other's don't know the particular people but I'm sure you know someone like them. If not be glad.

In a little different, I've been asked to expand the area I cover at work. The health departments throughout Alabama are divided into Public Health Areas. I think there are 11 areas throughout the state. I work in area 10 and at the moment cover half the counties in the area. I provide home health social work for the Homecare divisions of these counties. Apparantly our area is shorthanded as far as social workers in general. The social worker that covers the other half of the area has been asked to help out in the clinic part of the health department where 2 of the other workers are about to go on maternity leave. To have her job covered, I've been asked to do the home health social work for the entire area. This is all good, my travel reimbursment will go up cause working in 8 counties is a lot of miles. Gotta love those travel checks! I don't think my work load will increase that much because Simone (the other home health social worker) has only had 17 referrals since April. I've had 13 or so this month alone.

Well that's enough babbling for now--until next time

3 comments:

Cathy De Los Santos said...

the easiest way to fold laundry is right out of the dryer that's what i do. less time having to iron them later .. and yes ppl with kids and bitchin about them is a common thing but even the best parents bitch sometimes cause sometimes u just need to breath a little ya know. i know i'm trying.

Anonymous said...

I don't fold laundry. I hang it all up, except the socks and undies maybe shorts too but if I can find a hanger it all hangs. Thank God for plastic hangers and large closets. I hate folding too. Hate the ironing also.

I am also in agreement about people and children. Why do we have to have a license to drive a car but we are openly reproduce at will? My house would be full of children (maybe some day soon) if I had more resources to help take care of them. Children do not ask to come into the world so if you have one.... TAKE CARE OF THEM like you are the luckiest person on the earth because they are in your life. But that is just how I feel.

Michelle said...

I'd rather fold laundry than wash dishes. But maybe that's because when I go to any family dinner the kids are forced to do dishes. And when I say kids, that really means anyone under 45.

Yay for the travel money!